Music law counts as one of our main areas of qualification. We advise and act on behalf of artists and other stakeholders in the music industry. These include composers and performers of all genres as well as companies selling artistic services – let it be record companies or labels, music publisher, concert promoters, download and streaming sites or similar.
We have gained our expertise in this area by drafting and negotiating license contracts as well as litigation and out-of-court settlements resulting from the violation of copyright law and similar. We have also closely accompanied the launch and set-up of companies involved in selling artistic services. Lawyers Oliver Heinz and Michael v. Rothkirch are also working as lecturers in the field of music law for a number of renowned educational institutions (e.g. University of the Arts in Berlin, Liszt School of Music Weimar or the University of Oldenburg) They have also authored and published a number of books in this field.
Examples of work
- drafting and negotiating contracts for artists, producers or managers
- drafting and negotiating contracts for music publishers
- accompanying label and company launches in music publishing
- drafting and negotiating contracts for booking agencies, agency or touring contracts
- representation of collecting societies
- TV production contract, service production contracts
- Composers, songwriters
- Record companies
- Music publishers
- Event promoters
- Booking agencies